Before the hair transplantation, your doctor will provide you with detailed information.
• Whether hair loss is observed in the last couple of months or for long years
• What kind of treatments, if any, you have tried before (medication, spray)
• Your health history,
• Your demands and expectations from the hair transplantation.
Hair analysis to be performed by your doctor will determine the followings:
• Extent of hair loss
• Hair thickness; whether it is wavy, straight or curly.
• Density of hair on the sides and at the back of your head (donor areas)
Recommendations before hair transplantation via FUE technique:
• Do not take any medication that may increase bleeding 1 week before the operation (aspirin, herbal tea, nsaid pain killers)
• Do not smoke one day before the operation, stop consuming alcohol 3 days in advance
• You can wash your hair with your regular shampoo and massage it one day before the operation.
• You can have the operation on a full stomach. You can have breakfast or a light lunch.
• Your hair can be long. You will have a short cut at the hospital.
• Clothes that can be buttoned and unbuttoned in the front such as shirts should be preferred.
Hair transplantation does not take too much time. It is often the decision-making and consultation for a detailed discussion of the intended operation that actually takes time. Hair transplantation operation is 5 to 7 hours on average on 1 day.